Salted Caramel Brownies
Salted caramel things are pretty fashionable right now, and I wanna be cool, so I’ve finally gotten around to making something with this flavor combo.
But really though, it’s a pretty great flavor combination, and if you haven’t had the salted caramel hot chocolate at Starbucks, you gotta get that.
This time around, I decided to re-do my old brownie recipe. While it was always tasty, I thought it needed a bit of a texture revamp. Then, I topped it with a caramel sauce and coarse sea salt that popular flavor combo. Still, this new recipe is even better than the last, and it’s a great brownie all on its own.
I added chocolate chips to the brownies just to add an extra kick of chocolate and sweetness, and you could also add nuts if you prefer. I prefer just straight chocolate because… well because nuts take up room for more chocolate.
It’s a super easy recipe, and you can use any caramel sauce that you prefer, or you can make your own.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Coarse sea salt for the top
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the cocoa and vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the water.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Grease a 9x13 pan or an 11x7 pan for thicker brownies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until set.
- Cool, and then drizzle your caramel and sprinkle your salt. Enjoy!