High-altitude baking can cause a lot of heartache in the kitchen, and I’ve got a ton of recipes, tips, tricks and helpful information throughout this website and on all of my recipes to help along the way. You’ll also find my downloadable guides below to help you have more successful bakes!
Click the links below to download a copy of my high-altitude baking guide, or my holiday baking guide!
High-Altitude Baking Tips & Tricks
There are a lot of methods when it comes to adapting sea level recipes to work at higher altitudes, and first and foremost, if you have a method that you love and that works well for you, stick with it! I’m not here to change the way you’ve been able to succeed over the years, but I can offer up recipes that are developed at high-altitude, and ready to bake.
I like to approach my altitude adjustment tips by the type of bake you are making. For example, you don’t approach adjusting a sea level cake recipe the same way you would adjust a yeast bread recipe. I’ve got tons of tips throughout this site, along with the resources above, and also my two published books, which you can find in the sidebar of this site.
High-altitude baking doesn’t have to be complicated, you just need to know how to approach it, and with a few quick tips, you’ll find it much easier. The easiest way to start is to download the cheatsheet linked above, or start with the recipes listed below!
Beginner High-Altitude Baking Recipes
If you’re just starting out baking at high-altitude, here are some really great simple, approachable recipes to start with:
- High-Altitude Sandwich Bread is super fluffy, soft, flavorful, and a great place to start baking your own bread.
- This Funfetti Snack Cake is a simple, single layer cake that is really easy to make, but fully gives you what you want in a sprinkle cake!
- High-Altitude Chocolate Cake is the perfect birthday cake. It’s a bit of a bigger project, but chocolate cake can be very tricky at high-altitude, and this is my favorite layer cake recipe for it!
- These Small-Batch Snickerdoodles are very easy to pull together, and they give you that classic comfort cookie that we all love.
- Everyone needs a great High-Altitude Banana Bread recipe in their back pocket- I’ve got you covered.
This website is full of recipes that I’ve developed and tested at high-altitude, and I’m here to help you with your high-altitude baking questions along the way. Hope you enjoy!