Hello and welcome! My name is Nicole, and Dough-eyed is a food blog for people who want to bake for their family and friends in high-altitude areas. Think of me as a friendly voice there with you in the kitchen, here to give you confidence when you’re baking, and to help you with the struggles of baking at high-altitude. Come back every week for new recipes, tips, and advice on high-altitude baking!
I started writing this blog many years ago when I lived in Boston for college, but I’ve been baking and cooking my whole life. Both of my parents are amazing cooks, and my grandma was a wonderful baker as well. I often update her beautiful hand-written recipes! These days I’m back in my home state of Colorado, chasing around a couple of kiddos, and baking whenever I can.
Here are some little bits and bobs to get to know me a little bit:
- I’m a picky eater, and now I’m somehow trying to raise kids not to be.
- I’ve got two little ones– a girl and a boy. They like the baking.
- I’ve published two cookbooks and they’re out and about in any and all bookstores along with Amazon!
- This blog has been running for more than 10 years! *gasp*
- I work in SEO by day, though notably, not by night.
- I’m an avid reader, for anything and everything, but mostly Stephen King.
- I’m trying to be a gardener, and it’s coming along mostly by way of tomatoes.
- Apple pie is *ahem* NOT GOOD (but I do still have some quality recipes up if you’re into that).
- I am a busy body and with this blog, my day job, the family, the kids, the books, the shop, there’s no signs of stopping.
- All my recipes are for high-altitude and I develop at 5,000 ft. above sea level.
You’ll find a plethora of recipes on this blog, mostly desserts, but also some savory bites to enjoy. Baking doesn’t have to be overwhelming or difficult, and I hope if you’re not much of a baker, you take a chance on these recipes because I think you’ll really love the results! Some of my very favorites are here:
I so look forward to sharing my baking endeavors with you all, and I hope you come back to visit again soon!
I love working with brands that are related to baking, particularly products that are great to use in baking! If you’re a brand interested in working with me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a media kit- rates are available upon request.