Hello and welcome! My name is Nicole, and Dough-eyed is a food blog for people who want to bake for their family and friends in high-altitude areas. Think of me as a friendly voice there with you in the kitchen, here to give you confidence when you’re baking, and to help you with the struggles of baking at high-altitude. Come back every week for new recipes, tips, and advice on high-altitude baking!
I started writing this blog many years ago when I lived in Boston for college, but I’ve been baking and cooking my whole life. Both of my parents are amazing cooks, and my grandma was a wonderful baker as well. I often update her beautiful hand-written recipes! These days I am back home in Colorado, a place I’ll never leave, with my amazing husband and a less-small kitchen. Here’s some odds and ends about me!
- I work in digital marketing, which often leads to me devoting less effort to my SEO on the blog since I spend my days doing it for other people. I always get asked why I’m not working in a bakery or something, but I actually LOVE my day job.
- I didn’t mean to be in digital marketing. I went to school for journalism, had a reality check, and ended up here. I’ve since thrown myself into the field of SEO and website marketing, and have now concluded that I love it more than I ever loved journalism anyways (whoops).
- I went to school in Boston, and it made me realize what an amazing place Colorado really is.
- My husband is my best friend, and we met more than ten years ago. (I’ve got an amazing girl best friend too)!
- I’m a picky eater. But like, probably worse than you think. I struggle to eat any fruits or veggies in any nutritional way, and the list of things I don’t like is long. I’m trying to branch out more in my adult years, but the struggle has been real.
- Co-workers are the best taste-testers. I bake more than should be allowed for one household. This means that my co-workers get to reap the benefits, and they have become my taste-testers and wonderful friends to me and to this blog in the last year of my life!
- I don’t like red wine. I want to, but it just… tastes so bad.
- I read, like, a lot. That includes listening to podcasts and audio books while I work, which are constant, and reading my favs over and over, like The Dark Tower series, and pretty much anything else by Stephen King.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with my dog. But seriously, who wouldn’t with a face like this?
You’ll find a plethora of recipes on this blog, mostly desserts, but also some savory bites to enjoy. Baking doesn’t have to be overwhelming or difficult, and I hope if you’re not much of a baker, you take a chance on these recipes because I think you’ll really love the results! Some of my very favorites are here:
I so look forward to sharing my baking endeavors with you all, and I hope you come back to visit again soon!
I love working with brands that are related to baking, particularly products that are great to use in baking! If you’re a brand interested in working with me, email me at email@example.com for a media kit- rates are available upon request.