Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Coffee cake is one of my favorite things, and it’s perfect for the season. Who doesn’t love something with cinnamon crumbles running through it? Bundt cakes can be difficult if you don’t know how to properly grease your pan, so make sure to butter and flour every nook and cranny in there. After several cakes that came out only halfway, I’ve finally made one that just popped right out of the pan looking beautiful. It’s worth the whole butter flour thing.
Bundt cakes often have a filling in the middle, so I’ve added something extra yummy to this one. In the center is a ring of cinnamon sugar cream cheese to really moisten the cake. It tastes perfect next to a crumble layer on the bottom.
For this recipe, you’ll need a double batch of my spice cake, and you can find the recipe for it HERE.
This is like a breakfast cake. That’s right, those exist, you can totally eat cake for breakfast. If it goes with coffee, it’s plausible. If I’m being honest, I eat desserts that DON’T go with coffee 99 percent of the time for breakfast anyways, so let’s go ahead and just call this one a breakfast dish. Enjoy!
- Double batch of spice cake- Link above
- 3/4 package of cream cheese
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbs. melted butter
- 4 tbs. brown sugar
- 5 tbs. flour
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Make spice cake batter as directed, doubling the recipe
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and remaining cinnamon until crumbly.
- In a greased bundt pan, pour half of the batter in. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the entire thing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is set.